Have you ever wondered if you could send a fax without having to find your nearest fax machine (such as your local library since no one owns a fax machine anymore)? Then you need to learn how to fax from cell phone.
Thanks to the brilliant invention of fax mobile apps, you can now send and receive digital faxes on your phone or tablet. Most people didn’t know you could send fax from cell phone! Well, we are here to tell you that you can, and just how to fax from a smartphone.
Although there is one problem which comes with this amazing invention, many people have no idea how to use it.
We don’t blame you! Fax apps are dramatically different from the way we are used to sending and receiving faxes.
Don’t worry, learning to fax from cell phone is not as complicated as it seems, especially not after we help you with this how-to guide on sending mobile fax!
After reading this article, you will be able to send and receive faxes straight from your cell phone with ease:
How to Send Fax From Android and iPhone
The very first step is to choose the fax service that is best for you and your business. Some of the popular fax companies today are eFax and Myfax; however, you can find many companies now that offer free apps to customers.
It’s important to know that most of these apps charge you monthly based on a number of documents faxed per month, but they do usually offer a free month trial without any payment. Some fax apps do charge per document, but if you are regularly faxing this option is not the best idea in the long run.
A thing to keep in mind when choosing a fax app is making sure a service backs the app so that it can provide you with a fax number.
Once you have considered your options, it is time to choose an online fax service that best fits your needs and budget, and starts off by offering a free trial account. Before taking that next step, double check that it is compatible with Gmail!
Once you have created the login and username, follow these STEPS to proceed:
- Download the fax service app of your choice (although our example is with eFax, the process is very similar to most fax services). If you own an iPhone, you can “iPhone fax” by searching for a fax app on the App Store, and Android users can find it in their Google Play store.
- Next, open your fax app by selecting the icon. You will see the app asking for login information, don’t worry, this doesn’t mean you have to pay anything, the purpose of this guide is for you to start off by using a free trial account. So make sure when creating your login information you choose your free trial.
- Once you have set up your account (for your 1-month free trial), and you are logged in, select the “Send a Fax” button.
- You will now see a page with empty fields asking for things like the recipient’s number, the fax subject, and more. So your job is just to fill out all the necessary fields to have your fax successfully send.
- After you have filled out the required fields, choose the option to attach your document. Depending on the app you chose, this can vary, but most apps allow you to upload the document from iCloud, Google Drive or Dropbox. Or you can do it the old fashioned way by just taking a photo of the document on your phone and attaching the image.
- Once you have completed all the steps, complete sending your mobile fax by clicking the SEND button!
Receiving a Fax on Your Cell Phone
Hold on, we aren’t done yet! Now you have nailed the hardest part, the rest is a piece of cake. If you were wondering how to send a fax from a cell phone, then you’re probably wondering how to receive them as well. The receiving of a fax through the cell phone is a completely automated process.
Your fax app will automatically receive any faxes that arrive at your virtual number. But it doesn’t just stop there. The app will then forward the fax to your Gmail account. This is very convenient given the fact you can sign into your email and the newly received document is sitting there waiting to be downloaded.
Follow these STEPS:
1. Download your chosen fax app service.
2. Once you open the app, log in using your created login information.
3. Click the button that says “view faxes,” and you will see all of your received faxes. In this section of your app, you can manage them as you like, as each fax has displayed information on the date received and sent.
How Free Mobile Fax Apps Work
As you can see above, they work extremely efficiently, not requiring much out of you.
Due to the growth of smartphones, the app development has grown increasingly large, to where people can find an app for almost anything. The beauty of fax apps is you can do them directly from your cell phone, without having to buy a bulky fax machine.
Below is a list of evident and helpful things a mobile fax app can do:
Mobile Fax App Features
- Sends Faxes
- Receive Faxes
- Sign Faxes electronically
- Integrate faxes with cloud services
Forget About Line Adapters, The Future is Here
This incredibly easy and new tool is changing the world of faxing.
Most people have no clue they could send or receive a fax straight to their cell phones. This means no more asking around friends and family for who has a fax machine. Also, forget about running to your office after hours to send an important document.
You can now send a fax from your bed through mobile fax within a few seconds without having to do anything but lift a finger. Don’t forget; we recommend starting off with a free trial, get the most use out of sending free faxes!