You can fax over Yahoo Mail thanks to email-to-fax services. They allow you send and receive fax over a virtual fax number, which is linked to your Yahoo account.
Besides an online fax service you only need an active Yahoo email address. Luckily, you can create one of these for free. If you don’t have one right now, you can create one at https://overview.mail.yahoo.com.
Sending Fax from Yahoo Mail
- Log into Yahoo! account and create a new email message by clicking on the blue Compose button. This will prompt the message composing window to appear. Next, we need to fill out the details of your fax.
- On the To field, enter the recipient’s number and then add @provider.com. (The exact domain used for faxing will be provided by your chosen fax service)
- Enter on Subject or the Body fields the text you want to appear on the cover page. The contents will be added on a page preceding the actual fax.
- Click on the paperclip icon on the bottom bar of the Compose screen. You’ll see a new window where you can select a file from your computer.
- Click Send to begin the fax transmission to your recipient.
After completing these 5 steps your fax will be converted and forwarded to its destination. This process takes place externally, you just have to wait between 1-2 minutes until you receive a fax confirmation message on your email.
If you want to access the faxes you have sent or received, you can do this by searching your email messages or by logging into your online fax account.
Busy lines are not a problem for email to fax services. If they encounter one, they will try to re-send the fax several times until they are successful.
You don’t have to do anything to start receiving faxes on your inbox. At the moment of creating an account with a fax service provider, you’ll be granted a virtual fax number, a digital number that redirects incoming faxes to your computer.
First this number “grabs” the incoming fax transmission and then sends it to your provider’s fax servers, where faxes are converted into a PDF file. This PDF is then forwarded to your email. This whole process takes about a minute to complete, and people sending you faxes won’t notice anything strange with your number.
To check for incoming faxes, just login to your Yahoo! account and check for new messages. There are more convenient ways to stay up to date with current faxes though, like enabling mobile notifications, push notifications via a Chrome or Firefox plugin, or my favorite, using your service’s iPhone or Android fax app.
Best Yahoo Fax Services 2019
Choosing a good service will make a big difference in the way you fax. Good providers not only integrate easily with Yahoo! email addresses, they will also make faxing easier and faster thanks to additional features like mobile faxing, fax scheduling, fax number porting, among others. If you don’t know where to start, here are our recommendations.